If you forget your Windows password, there are easy ways to reset it.
Forgot computer password windows 10? If you have forgotten your Windows 10 password, there are a few methods to reset it. Read more in detail here: forgot computer password windows 10.
Windows 11 is a well-known operating system that allows users to enjoy a beautiful interface while also running apps and playing games. However, forgetting your password is frequent, particularly if you haven’t used your computer in a long time. You will be locked out of your computer in this instance. Relax and enjoy yourself! You may attempt a few different methods to recover a lost Windows 11 password without destroying data. CMD, third-party programs, and other options are available, but I’ll be utilizing Hiren’s Boot WinPE. What is Hiren’s Boot WinPE and how can it help you Reset Forgotten Windows 11 Password? So keep reading to see how.
Note: You will learn How to Reset a Local Windows 11 Password, not a Microsoft Account, in this tutorial.
What is Hiren’s Boot WinPE, and how does it work?
The boot of the Hiren A bootable disk based on the Microsoft Windows operating system is known as WinPE. When Windows fails to start correctly, it is meant to assist you in troubleshooting and repairing your computer.
It may also be used to recover lost data, back up and restore hard disks and partitions, partition hard drives, reset forgotten passwords, scan for viruses, examine hard disks for faults, and more.
It includes a huge number of well-known tools now in use in the business. Here’s a rundown of some of the most useful tools in Hiren’s boot WinPE:
- Tools for Partitioning
- Windows XP Mini
- Boot CD for Hirens
- DVD of Hirens’ Bootcamp
Hiren’s BootCD PE (Preinstallation Environment) is a Windows 10 recovery disk that includes a number of useful repair and recovery tools. It makes use of the Windows Preinstallation Environment, which is a lightweight version of Windows (WinPE). WinPE is used to set up new PCs for the first time or to refresh older machines that aren’t performing well.
Despite the fact that it is based on Windows 10, it may be used to reset your lost Windows 11 password. So, let’s get started on how to effortlessly reset a lost Windows 11 password.
How to Reset Your Windows 11 Password If You Forgot It
Preparing the Required Files is the first step.
You must prepare or get the needed files in order to reset your lost Windows 11 password. Because you’ve forgotten your own computer’s password, you’ll have to borrow someone else’s (Sister, brother, father, mother, colleague, or your office computer).
The files necessary to reactivate a lost Windows 11 password are provided below.
- Rufus: Rufus is a little open-source application that allows you to generate bootable USB drives for Windows and Linux.
- Hiren’s Boot WinPE: This Hiren’s WinPE comprises three password resetting tools, therefore we’ll need to download the Hiren’s Boot WinPE ISO and utilize it to crack the lost Windows 11 password.
- Finally, we’ll need an 8GB USB pen drive to generate a bootable USB of Hiren’s Boot WinPE after we’ve finished with the other files. A 4GB USB flash drive will suffice, however I recommend that you use an 8GB USB pen drive. It will save you a lot of time if it is a USB 3.0 or above version.
Download Rufus” data-medium-file=”https://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Download-Rufus.jpg” data-large-file=”https://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Download-Rufus.jpg”/> Download Rufus Download Hiren’s Boot WinPE” data-medium-file=”https://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Download-Hirens-Boot-WinPE.jpg” data-large-file=”https://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Download-Hirens-Boot-WinPE.jpg”/> Download Hiren’s Boot WinPE
Step 2: Create a USB bootable using Hiren’s Boot WinPE.
Right now, we’re getting ready to create a bootable USB of Hiren’s Boot WinPE to reset the Windows 11 password. Before you start making a bootable USB, double-check if your hard drive’s partition type is GPT or MBR. Because you have to pick one of them when making a bootable USB. To see whether your hard disk is GPT or MBR, read the following article.
Rufus must be launched, and it should automatically recognize the USB flash drive. If it does not, you must reconnect the USB. After that, choose the Hiren’s Boot WinPE ISO, choose your partition style, and click Start. By the way, everything on the USB will be deleted, so make a backup of all your stuff before making a bootable USB.
Hiren’s Boot WinPE may be made into a bootable USB.
Step 3: Insert the USB drive into your computer.
This step is about getting into the USB flash drive as we’re going to reset the lost Windows 11 password. Connect the USB to your computer and turn it on. Next, hit the computer’s boot key, then choose the USB and press enter.
In terms of the boot key, each manufacturer has their own, therefore use the link below to find out what your computer’s boot key is.
Step #4: Begin the process of resetting your Windows 11 password.
Congratulations on successfully booting into Hiren’s Boot WinPE; the only thing left to do now is reset the password. The following is a list of the three password resetting tools included with Hiren’s Boot WinPE.
- Password Recovery by Lazesoft
- NT Password Change
- Unlocking the Windows Login
You don’t have to worry because all of these three tools are free and you can use them to reset your forgotten windows 11 password. In my case, I will be using the first tool which is Password Recovery by Lazesoft. For some reason, the NT Password Change is not going to work with windows 11 but it is working quite well with Windows 10 so, go for it.
All of these password resetting tools are located inside the utilites> security> and password directory.
Open Password Recovery by Lazesoft
The rest of the processes are rather straightforward; I’ll walk you through the bullet points and then show you a slideshow.
- After launching the Password Recovery by Lazesoft, at the drop-down menu select the reset Windows Password.
- The less gentle password recovery will tell you that it is free for noncommercial use once you click next, so click yes and continue.
- From here, click Windows Additions and make sure the Reset Local Password option is chosen in the second dropdown menu.
- You must choose the user whose password you have forgotten, in my instance, Abbas.
- On the last panel, click the reset/unlock button, which is surrounded by a circle. It will quickly reset your lost Windows 11 password; after complete, click OK.
- To end the Lazesoft password recovery window, click Finish.
- After restoring your lost Windows 11 password, go to the start menu and return your machine to regular operation.
It is most likely one of the simplest solutions for resetting a lost Windows 11 password. It’s completely free; all you need is a fast Internet connection, a bootable USB drive, and some time to change your password.
If you have forgotten your Windows 11 password, there are a few steps that you can take to reset it. The first step is to create a new password and write it down somewhere safe. You will need this later on in the process. Next, open up Command Prompt by pressing the “Windows key + X” button on your keyboard. In the command prompt window type: slmgr /rearm and hit enter. Lastly, restart your computer after the password has been re-set. Reference: how to change password in windows 11.
- how to unlock your laptop when you forgot the password windows 10
- how to reset windows 10 password without logging in
- forgot windows 10 password local account
- how to reset windows 8 password without disk
- reset windows 10 password command prompt