This is a blog where I’ll do a guide to something that is related to PC Gaming. I will do reviews on games, hardware or software I use in my PC.
A few months ago, Microsoft released a new operating system for Windows 10, the Creators update. But it seems that some users are getting a message: “Cannot Connect to HTC Vive”.
I am one of those guys who always seeks out new tech toys, especially the VR headsets. The first time I tried out the HTC Vive, I was hooked. It’s not just that it gives me the freedom to be anywhere in the world, but also to try new things and access new, interesting places.
One user describes the problem as follows: I recently bought an HTC Vive and completely reformatted it to make sure I was getting the best performance out of my setup. I ran all Windows and NVidia updates to make sure all updates were up to date before reinstalling Steam. I installed and updated Steam, installed VIVE for the first time and it seems to say the headset is not connected, I get an error code of 208 […]. Here are some simple steps you can use to stop this error and enjoy the best VR experience on your Windows 10 computer.
How to solve HTC Vive error 208 in Windows 10?
- Updating graphic drivers
- Enable live mode in SteamVR
- Select the SteamVR beta version
- Reinstalling SteamVR USB devices
- SteamVR freshly installed
- Push the HDMI all the way down
- Other general corrections
1. Updating graphic drivers
- Depending on your GPU, go to the AMD or NVIDIA website and download the latest drivers.
- Restart your computer and launch SteamVR to see if the problem persists.
Updating drivers is very important if you want to maximize the performance of your PC. We recommend installing the latest drivers for your graphics card. To avoid making the mistake of choosing the wrong drivers for your needs, you can use software that will do this for you automatically. Driveris indispensable for your PC and all the programs you use every day. If you want to avoid crashes, hangs, errors, delays or other problems, you need to keep it up-to-date. The constant search for driver updates takes time. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that safely checks for new updates and easily applies them, which is why we highly recommend DriverFix:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- Now the program will show all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be an issue when you download and start using this powerful software today. Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Enable live mode in SteamVR
- Go to the Start menu and start Steam.
- Start SteamVR by clicking on the VR button.
- Click on the drop-down list, go to Settings and select Developer.
- Make sure Direct Mode is enabled and restart the computer.
Some users have reported that enabling direct mode in SteamVR no longer gives them the HTC Vive 208 error on Windows 10, so feel free to try it out.
3. Select SteamVR Beta.
- Start Steam, go to the library and select Tools.
- Right-click on SteamVR and select Properties.
- Click the Beta tab and navigate to Select the Beta you want to participate in.
- Select No, close the menu and restart the computer.
Sometimes when you select the SteamVR beta, the 208 HTC Vive error message disappears in Windows 10 as well. So, follow the above steps to ensure that you can enjoy the VR experience. Also, read our full guide on when SteamVR Home stops working and fix the problem as soon as possible.
4. Reinstall SteamVR USB devices
- Unplug all cables from your computer and start Steam.
- Open SteamVR, go to Settings and select Developer.
- Click Remove all SteamVR USB devices.
- Select Yes and continue.
- Restart your computer.
After rebooting, reconnect the cables, but remember to use a different connector for the HDMI. Start SteamVR and configure the device if necessary. See if there’s any improvement.
5. SteamVR newly installed
- Start Steam, go to the library and select Tools.
- Right-click SteamVR, select Uninstall, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart the computer and perform the above steps again, but this time select Install.
Many Windows 10 users have reported that uninstalling and reinstalling SteamVR helped them get rid of the HTC Vive 208 error.When you first fire up your HTC Vive, the first thing you’ll notice is that everything looks a little…blurry. Nausea and dizziness will set in at first, but you’ll soon get used to the effect. What you won’t get used to is the error message you’ll get when you try to open the Vive’s Settings app.. Read more about valve index headset display disconnected 208 and let us know what you think.
htc vive error 208 red lightsteamvr error 208 indexvive wireless error 208steam vr display errorhtc vive headset not detected 108hmd detected over usb, but monitor not found,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,htc vive error 208 red light,steamvr error 208 index,hmd detected over usb, but monitor not found,valve index headset display disconnected 208,vive wireless error 208,steam vr display error,error 208 occurs when your display settings aren t correctly detected or configured,htc vive headset not detected 108