ReleaseBB Kodi Addon is one of the most popular addons for Kodi, which is the world’s most popular digital media player. It has gained popularity because it brings various online media content from different sources such as BBC iPlayer, ITV, Discovery, CRICKET, etc. It also brings the latest news, sports, entertainment, weather, and tech news to the Kodi users. ReleaseBB Kodi Addon works with the Kodi 16.1 or later versions.
This guide will explain how to install the ReleaseBB Kodi Addon in quick and simple steps. A lot of Kodi users are unaware of third party Kodi addons that can enable them to watch, stream, and download movies, TV shows, live sports or other content. These addons are called “repo’s” or “releases” or “supplements”.In this tutorial, I will cover the process of installing the ReleaseBB addon on Kodi. This addon is available on FireStick, Fire TV, FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, Android mobile devices and any other platform that supports Kodi.
ReleaseBB is an add-on module for watching movies and TV shows on demand. It has a decent library of videos. New films and series are added regularly. The addon supports the Premium host. This means that it only works if you register with Debrid. You can use premium hosts like Real Debrid, Premiumize and All-Debrid. Real Debrid is the most popular and reliable multihoster. That’s why I’ve described the Real Debrid ReleaseBB registration process later in this guide.
To install the ReleaseBB addon for Kodi
It is necessary to install the ReleaseBB addon on Kodi. Therefore, we will divide the installation process into two important parts:
– Part 1: Allow unknown sources
– Part 2: Installation steps
Each component is described in detail below.
Attention KODI users: please read before continuing
Kodi addons / modules offer unlimited streaming content, but can also get you in legal trouble if you get caught watching movies / TV shows / sports for free. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN when streaming online. A good Kodi VPN can hide your identity, bypass government surveillance, block content, and ISP throttling (which also contributes to buffer-free streaming).
I use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device, including the Amazon FireStick. Get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plans. There is also a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Click HERE to get 3 months free and save 49% on ExpressVPN.
Read: How to install and use VPN for Kodi
Part 1: Allow unknown sources
Third-party add-ons can be potentially dangerous. Therefore, Kodi’s default security mechanism does not allow its installation. For secure add-ons like ReleaseBB, you need to allow unknown sources in the Kodi settings.
Perform the following steps:
1. When you are on the Kodi home screen, go to the top left corner and click on Settings.
2. Now go to System and click on it.
Message: For Kodi 17.6 users, click on System Settings.
3. On the left side you should see a number of options. Select Add-ons.
4. Look on the left side to see if the Unknown Sources option is enabled. If it’s off/on, turn it on.
5. Press Yes when prompted. ReleaseBB is a secure addon for Kodi. Please feel free to ignore this warning.
You can now install the ReleaseBB addon (which we’ll talk about in the next article). For security reasons, you should disable Unknown Sources again after installing the BB version.
Part 2: ReleaseBB installation steps
In this section, we will install the addon. Here’s how:
1. Press Kodi Settings again (on the Kodi home screen).
2. Open the Filemanager option.
3. Navigate to and click the Add Source button.
4. You will now see this window. Browse and click where you see <none>.
5. You should now see this keyboard window. Carefully enter the following URL (avoid typing errors): https://bugatsinho.github.io/repo
6. Now enter a source name. You can choose any name you want. I’ll call him bb.
Press OK again if your screen looks like mine
7. Return to the home screen of the Kodi application. Select one of the following options, depending on the version of Kodi you are using:
- Kodi 18 Leia: Parameters
- Kodi 17.6 Krypton : Additions
8. Now click one of the following buttons again, depending on your version of Kodi:
- Kodi 18 Leia: Additions
- Kodi 17.6 Krypton : Open box icon in the top left corner
9. Navigate to and click on Install from Zip.
10. Click on the name of the source you added earlier (like I chose bb).
11. Open the zip file in the following mask: repository.bugatsinho-x.x.zip.
Note: x.x is the current version number of the zip file.
12. Now, wait a minute. Bugatsinho depository installation may take a minute. An installation message appears on the screen.
13. In the same window, click Install from repository.
14. Open the Bugatsinho repository.
15. Click on Video Enhancements.
16. Click on the ReleaseBB button.
17. Navigate to and click the Install button.
18. Kodi 18 users will see this extra window. Press OK.
19. The Kodi ReleaseBB addon is now installed. Wait for the installation message. This may take more than a minute.
Here is how to install the ReleaseBB addon on Kodi.
How do I get access to the Kodi BB Release Addon
There are two ways to access the ReleaseBB addon on Kodi (or any other video addon)
1. On the Kodi start screen, select the Tools menu item. Then select Video Addons where you will find the ReleaseBB addon.
2. Another option is to select the Add-ons menu item on the main screen (without clicking). You can find the Kodi ReleaseBB addon on the right side in the video addons row.
To install and use the ReleaseBB addon for Kodi
ReleaseBB only works with premium hosts like Real Debrid, Premiumize and All Debrid. I recommend you to use Real Debrid because it is the best premium host in my opinion.
We have a complete guide on how to set up Real Debrid on Kodi. I also want to briefly show you how to configure Real Debrid with ReleaseBB.
Here are the steps:
1. Open the ReleaseBB addon and click Settings-Tools on the home screen.
2. Click the Resolver tab on the left. Click on Real-Debrid Auth on the right.
3. You should now see the following request with the code.
4. When prompted, go to https://real-debrid.com/device on your mobile device or computer and enter the code.
Click on Next
5. If you are not logged into your Real Debrid account, you will be prompted to log in. If you are already logged in, the following confirmation will appear on the website after you have successfully signed in to Real Debrid.
6. When you return to Kodi, you will see a notification in the top right corner confirming the connection.
That’s it. Now you can start streaming.
Before you start streaming video with Kodi addons or modules, I want to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and the government. This means that streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live broadcasts and sports) can lead to legal problems.
Fortunately, there is a reliable way to hide all your streaming activities from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN masks your original IP address and helps you bypass surveillance, ISPs and geographical restrictions on content.
Personally, I use and recommend ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all types of applications and streaming devices.
OPINION: We do not encourage copyright infringement. But what if you accidentally upload content from an illegal source? It is not always easy to distinguish between a legal and an illegal source.
So before you start streaming on Kodi, read here how to get VPN protection in 3 easy steps.
Step one: Purchase your ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can use it for free for the first 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the service (which is unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step two: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have included the exact steps below, starting with step 4.
Step three: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your connection is secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The steps to install Kodi VPN on Fire TV devices are described below. If you have other broadcast devices, follow steps 1 to 3 above.
Step four: Sign up for ExpressVPN HERE (if you are not already a subscriber).
Step 5: Go to the Fire TV Stick home screen. Click the Search button and then the Search option (see figure below).
Step six: Type expressvpn into the search bar and select when it appears.
Seventh step: Click on the Download button.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN application and log in using the username and password you created when you purchased your ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your FireStick is protected with the fastest VPN.
ReleaseBB is a worthy Kodi addon that provides you with on-demand content, including your favorite movies and shows. The good thing about this addon is that it only works with premium hosts. Therefore, you are more likely to find quality feeds here than with the free addons. However, you must have a paid premium hosting account. There is no free streaming.
Frankly, I don’t mind paying a little if I get a better streaming experience. I love ReleaseBB and have added it to our library of the best Kodi addons.
How to install the Morpheus Kodi
addon How to install the Magic Dragon
addon How to install the DejaVu Kodi
addon How to install the Venom Kodi addon
We do not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, applications or services mentioned on this website. Furthermore, we do not promote, publish or link to copyrighted feeds. We strongly condemn piracy and urge our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our website refers only to non-copyrighted public domain content. Read our full disclaimer.
We are a reader-supported blog. If you purchase an item through the links on our website, we may receive a commission. Read more
We need your support