The Windows 10 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 represents the first major update to the OS since its release 10 years ago, and it introduced a myriad of new features and changes. It also brought with it a number of issues that caused a lot of frustration among users, and the one we are going to focus on today is the problem with printers.
You may have run into this problem before: your Windows 10 PC keeps telling you that a printer is offline or can’t be installed on the PC. But you know that the PC is online, and the problem of the PC saying it can’t print doesn’t make sense. This is because the printer is offline, not your PC.
Windows 10 21H1 update fixed the printing issue that some users were complaining about. Printer installation and activation problems have always been a problem for Windows 10 and we can see that these issues have not stopped. In this article, we will show you how to fix printing errors in Windows 10 21H1 update in four simple steps.
Windows 10 printer not working? Various problems with network printers, unable to print documents after Windows 10 update? The printer does not appear in Devices and Printers, or the print job gets stuck in the queue, the print spooler does not work, or the printer cannot be connected. The problem can occur for several reasons, such as if the printer driver is not working, if there is a misconfiguration, if the print spooler service has stopped, or if the print spooler file is corrupt. Probably reinstalling the latest version of the printer driver and removing the print spooler will solve the problem.
The printer in Windows 10 does not work
If you cannot print or connect to a printer in Windows 10
- Make sure the printer is connected to a power source and that it is turned on.
- Check the USB connection (for wired printers) or the wireless connection (for wireless printers).
Solving printer problems
Launch the built-in printer troubleshooter, which automatically detects and corrects problems that prevent the printer from working properly.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings application,
- Tap Update & Security, and then tap Troubleshooting,
- Here, select the printer on the right and click the Run Troubleshooting button,
- How do you analyze and discover problems and try to solve them?
- During troubleshooting, the print spooler service is restarted.
- Automatic cleanup of damaged print spooler files
- Also check if an outdated printer driver is causing the problem.
- Once the process is complete, restart Windows and check that the printer is working.
alt=printer-troubleshooter width=574 height=514 data-ezsrc=//image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Printer-troubleshooter.jpg />
Cleaning the pressure reel
If the printer troubleshooter did not solve the problem, remove the print spooler manually, which should solve the problem. To remove the print spooler in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7, do the following.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and OK.
- The Windows Services console will open, scroll down and find the print spooler.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service, select Stop, and minimize the Windows Services console.
- Now press Windows + R, type %WINDIR%system32spoolprinters and ok.
- And delete all the files in this folder
alt=Deleting print-spooler files width=949 height=582 data-ezsrc=//image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/clear-print-spooler-files.jpg data-ez= />
- Return to the services console.
- Look for the ‘Print Spooler’ service,
- Right click on it and select Start.
This corrects the situation when the printer is blocked while printing documents, the printer waits to print but does not print any documents, or to clear the print queue when the document is blocked.
Updating the printer driver
If the problems persist, your printer may need a new driver.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- Expand Printers and find your printer in the list,
- Right click on it and select Update Driver.
- Click the Automatically check for driver updates option.
- It searches the Internet for the latest drivers and asks you to install them.
alt=Update-printer-driver width=940 height=654 data-ezsrc=//image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Update-printer-driver.jpg data-ez= />
Reinstalling the printer driver
If updating the driver software does not help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers completely.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings,
- Then go to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Find your printer, click on it to expand the options, and then click Remove Device.
- Go to the Start menu, type press manage, and press Enter.
- Select all printers, right click and delete them all.
- Restart the computer, reconnect the printer cable, and repeat the driver installation.
alt=delete-printer-off-print-management width=931 height=504 data-ezsrc=//image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/delete-printer-off-print-management.jpg data-ez= /> You can also go to the printer manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest driver version. See if this can help you solve your Windows 10 printer problems. Here are links to driver download sites for the most popular printer models: Message: Printer drivers are usually .exe files. To install the driver, simply download the file and run it.
Default printer configuration
Sometimes Windows 10 cannot handle a default printer when multiple printers are connected or network printers are used. And manually setting a specific device as the default printer is probably useful.
- Go to Control Panel and change the display to large icons.
- Find the Devices and Printers option.
- Click on one of the connected printers and select Set as Default.
alt=set-default-printer width=665 height=344 data-ezsrc=//image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/set-default-printer.jpg />
Add new printer
Sometimes reconnecting the printer can also fix the problem.
- Press Win + I to open the Windows settings
- Go to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Click the previously added printer and select Remove Device.
- Disconnect the printer from the USB port, then reconnect it.
- Click Add Printer or Scanner and let the search for your device begin again.
- Click on your device and add it.
- See if this helps.
alt=Add-Printer-with-Manual-Settings width=972 height=578 data-ezsrc=//image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Add-Printer-with-Manual-Settings.jpg data-ez= />
Troubleshooting network printers
If you have problems sharing network printers Check the firewall and anti-virus/network protection software. These programs can block the incoming connection to a shared printer. Disable the VPN if it is configured on your system. Enable network discovery
- Open the Control Panel.
- Then click on Network and Sharing,
- In the left pane, click Edit advanced sharing settings.
- Tap Enable network discovery and then tap Save changes.
Did these solutions help you solve the problems with different printers in Windows 10? Give us your thoughts in the comments below, also read: to report this message If you are experiencing printer problems in Windows 10 21H1 Update, you are not alone. There are many things that can go wrong with printers in Windows 10 21H1 Update, and unfortunately, not all of these problems are known, yet. This guide will help you fix any printer problems that you might have in Windows 10 21H1 Update.. Read more about hp printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2020 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix printer problems after Windows 10 update?
Windows 10 21H1 Update came with a couple problems when installing on your printer. Common problems include the printer not printing, the printer printing in reverse or not at all. There are even some cases where the printer won’t pick up paper. Here are some solutions to problems with printers after the Windows 10 21H1 Update. If you are a Windows 10 fan, you’re probably also an avid user of a printer. There are a lot of printers out there, from the low-cost and small one to the larger ones that are connected to your computer. But how do you know which one to buy? With the recent release of Windows 10, printer manufacturers have introduced new printers, with some of them supporting Windows 10 and others not.
How do I fix print and scan issues with Windows 10 upgrade?
Windows 10 is notorious for having issues with printer drivers after it’s installed, and we’ve been writing about that extensively over the last few months. If you’ve recently upgraded to the Windows 10 21H1 update, you’re likely experiencing a new problem: when you print or scan, the printer doesn’t work after the upgrade. Ever since Microsoft released Windows 10, many users have reported issues with the devices that comes with the operating system, ranging from driver issues to print and scan issues. These issues have been causing a lot of frustrations for users new and old, and now Microsoft has released a new update that tries to fix these issues by addressing the faulty drivers that were causing the issues.
How do I repair the latest Windows 10 update?
The 21H1 version of Windows 10, also known as the April 2018 Update, is currently in its seventh month and currently running on more than 200 million devices. The update adds a ton of new features and fixes, as well as a few new issues. The April 2018 Update is the biggest update to Windows in the last two years, and it’s likely to be the biggest one in the next two years, too. The Windows 10 21H1 Update, also known as the March 2018 Update, was released on March 6th, 2018. This update is a cumulative update for Windows 10 that includes all security and non-security updates since version 1809 (the Creators Update). This update is not recommended for Windows 10 Home and Pro users, and is best suited for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education users.
windows 10 21h1 issueshp printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2021brother printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2021latest windows 10 update problems 2021printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2021printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2020,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 21h1 issues,printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2021,printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2020,hp printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2020,epson printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2020,hp printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2021,brother printer stopped working after windows 10 update 2021,latest windows 10 update problems 2021